Interested in joining our team this summer…we’re hiring a shared position between our farm and Boreal Gardens!
Come prepared to work in the gardens, cluck with the chickens, gobble with the turkeys, kick back with a few cattle, explore and forage the boreal forests, learn about our local soils, and hobnob with piglets while gaining valuable experience working with us and Boreal Gardens
This is a temporary, full-time position (35 hours per week) from mid-May to the end of August 2021.
Ideal applicants would be a student enrolled in a post-secondary institution within the earth sciences, trades, environment / natural resource sector, or ecology. Experience in agriculture is not a prerequisite, but an educational background in trades, ecology, or agriculture would be an asset.
We are looking for someone who has a good work ethic, isn’t afraid of hard physical work, someone who can work in a team as well as independently and can be self-motivated when it comes to completing tasks.
Applicants must have a valid BC Driver’s License and be prepared for physical work outdoors in all weather. Some weekend work may be necessary. The wage is $18/hr.
Tasks may include:
- Engage in direct mentorship from Boreal Gardens and/or Whiskey Creek Ranch owners
- Support localized, small-scale agriculture, horticultural, and livestock rearing practices within the following activities:
- Vegetable and fruit production and preservation
- Wild-crafting and foraging from the land base
- Activities to support livestock (cattle, swine, poultry) production and processing
- Perform risk assessments daily, weekly, and as necessary to keep all participants safe
- Participate in weekly meetings
- Be a positive team player
- Complete other duties as assigned
Are you or is someone you know interested? Do you have any questions? Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com.