- 2 eggs, per person
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream, per 2-egg serving
- fresh herbs, coarsely chopped (dill, tarragon, basil, sage or parsley are all great choices)
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese (or any kind of cheese)
- salt and pepper, to taste
½ teaspoon butter, per 2-egg serving
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly butter the cassarole dish using a buttered wrapper.
- Pour cream into, then break eggs side by side gently onto the cream.
- Season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with chopped herbs and then grated Parmesan.
- Melt the butter and drizzle it over the top.
- Bake for 16 -18 minutes or until the whites are just set. For a firmer yolk, bake for a minute or two more.
- Let sit to cool slightly, then serve warm.